Lessons – Singing
Engaging in singing lessons will help you establish a healthy singing technique; concentrating on breathing, projection, good tone production, diction, suitable repertoire choices and the correct pronunciation of languages. Lessons are fun, but informative, with a special emphasis on building your confidence:
- Half-hour lesson – $38. Hour lesson – $76
- Lesson Fees for school and university students are paid in advance in 8 week blocks (generally coinciding with the NSW state school term)
- Lessons take place in my home studio in Cobbitty
- Fees are paid directly into my account. See the ‘HOW TO PAY’ tab on the menu bar for further information
A more complete and involved service is available for those working towards a specific goal. For example: a Conservatorium entrance exam, HSC exam, or AMEB exam. This includes:
- A written report and evaluation at the end of each teaching block.
- Phone and email support.
- Performances will be attended where possible, (and appropriate), and a written evaluation provided.
- Rehearsals with your accompanist will be attended where possible.
- The Mentoring Package will incur a 10% increase in lesson fees plus an agreed amount for attending performances, rehearsals or competitions.
- Group lessons are available for Theory and Musicianship
- Lessons fees for groups lessons are $15 for a half-hour and $25 for a full hour. You will also need to pay for any AMEB theory/musicianship books or manuscript as required.
- Groups lessons are also available when students are rehearsing specific duets/trios etc.
Full-day HSC Singing Workshops are run in the June/July holiday period.
- They are designed to give students a chance to air their HSC repertoire in a relaxed and comfortable environment in front of a group of their peers.
- Kind, constructive criticism will be given along with a number of clear and easy ways to polish your performance in preparation for the trials and HSC.
- You do not have to be a regular singing student to attend the workshop. It is open to anyone who is singing for their HSC.
- An accompanist will be provided on the day.
- Morning Tea and Lunch will be provided.
- $80 per student.
Musicianship / Theory Lessons
- Can be taken as individual lessons or within a small group. Sometimes a more intensive period of lessons is required leading up to an AMEB exam so you might prefer to learn in a one-on-one situation.
- If learning theory/musicianship one-on-one, the same fee rates as the singing lessons are applied, but a shorter term commitment is possible. All fees must be paid in advance.